White sneakers are a casual wardrobe staple. They’re great for warmer weather and can be paired with just about anything. Whether you have a pair of white sneakers in your closet or not, they’re a worthy investment.
The perfect white sneaker will seamlessly blend into any outfit. But the key to pulling off this look is pairing it with the right socks.
- Here’s what you should know about wearing socks with white sneakers:
- Factors to look at when selecting what socks to wear with white sneakers
- 10 Types of Socks to Wear with White Sneakers
- White socks are just fine
- Black socks work well
- Stick to monochromatic socks
- Ankle socks look great
- Flashy, bright-colored socks lend a fun touch
- Low-cut socks let your ankles show while supporting your feet
- Novelty socks are great for showing off your personality and style
- Sock liners
- Knee-high socks
- Crew length socks
- Final Thoughts
- Related Articles:
Here’s what you should know about wearing socks with white sneakers:
- They can give your outfit a more put-together feel
If you’re wearing a pair of white sneakers, they can make your look seem like it’s missing something, especially if they’re not paired with anything else. So when you throw on some matching socks, that’s all the more reason to feel good about yourself.
- They add an element of style to any outfit
Whether you’re wearing shorts or pants, a pair of white sneakers will always look good with any outfit because they fit right in with the rest of your outfit’s color scheme. But when you throw on some matching socks made from the same material or have similar patterns or designs, they add an extra layer of style that makes your whole outfit pop!
- They can help keep your feet cool and comfortable
The main reason why people wear socks is for comfort, but if you’re going to wear white sneakers all day long, then it’s a good idea to have pairs of colorful socks on hand so you can switch them out every once in a while during the day to give your feet a break from all that white canvas material!
- They keep your feet dry
One thing most people don’t realize about socks is that they help keep your feet dry by absorbing any moisture that comes from sweating or rainwater so that it doesn’t get absorbed into the shoe itself! This prevents things like fungus or mildew from growing inside your shoes, which can cause them to smell awful over time if not properly cared for
- Choose solid-colored socks
Preferably ones that match your shoes’ color (whether it’s all-white or an off-white shade). Or opt for polka dots, stripes, or patterns in dark colors like black or navy blue instead of lighter shades like tan or gray.
Factors to look at when selecting what socks to wear with white sneakers
When it comes to socks, you’re probably looking for something that matches your sneakers. There are many options, but we’ve narrowed down our favorites based on comfort, texture, and style.
When choosing what socks to wear with white sneakers, keep in mind the following:
- Style – The sock should complement — not distract from — your shoes. If the sock is too loud or eye-catching, it will be distracting from your kicks.
- Texture – You want a sock that’s soft against your skin but still durable enough to last through multiple wears. If you choose a cotton-blend sock, ensure it doesn’t stretch out over time, or it’ll start bunching up around your ankles when you walk.
- The color – White or black? You can’t go wrong with either as long as they match your shoes exactly (no other shades). If you’re going for a more casual look, choose black over white because it goes better with denim jeans or khakis.
- Comfort level – You don’t want any part of your outfit to be uncomfortable when you’re wearing it all day long — whether on the subway or at work — so make sure whatever socks you choose are comfortable enough for extended wear!
- The length – Longer socks are best worn with boots or ankle boots because they hide gaps between the top of the shoe, and the hemline of the pants, better than shorter ones. Shorter socks work best when wearing sneakers because there’s less material around your ankles to bunch up or slide down over time due to friction from movement (walking).
10 Types of Socks to Wear with White Sneakers
With the right pair of shoes, you can look stylish and put together no matter what you wear. If you want to wear white sneakers with your outfit, then it’s important that you get the socks right too.
Here are ten types of socks that will go perfectly with white sneakers:
White socks are just fine
You can wear white socks with your white sneakers.
It’s okay; you don’t have to feel like you’re going out on a limb by wearing them. White socks are a classic, and they look good with everything.
They’re not flashy or bright, so they won’t clash with the white sneakers you’re rocking. They go well with jeans, shorts, or even other types of shoes—you really can’t go wrong!
Black socks work well
Black socks are a classic choice. They can be worn with any shoe, and they’re subtle enough that they won’t detract from the look.
Black is an excellent color because it goes well with both black shoes and white sneakers. You can also wear them with dress shoes if you want a more formal look or even some other colors like brown or blue.
Stick to monochromatic socks
It’s best to stick with monochromatic socks that match the color of your sneakers, especially if you’re wearing them with jeans or khakis.
This allows you to play up other colors in your outfit without distractions from your shoes.
If you’re wearing shorts or a skirt, try polka dots or stripes instead. Polka dots and stripes are fun prints that add personality to an otherwise plain outfit – especially if it’s a pair of shorts or a skirt!
Ankle socks look great
Ankle socks are an excellent choice for most occasions. They’re an understated look that works well for formal events, but they also have enough personality to stand out from the crowd at more relaxed occasions.
Whether going for a stroll in the park or sitting down to lunch with coworkers, ankle socks are an easy way to add some style without making too much of a statement.
For athletic occasions, ankle socks are ideal because they help keep your feet cool and dry while also providing protection from blisters on long runs or hikes.
You could even wear them with white sneakers if you want to go casual while still staying active – they’ll keep your ankles warm while taking moisture away from them so that your feet stay dry and comfortable throughout whatever activity.
Flashy, bright-colored socks lend a fun touch
If you’re not feeling the standard black and white, why not add some color? Flashy, bright-colored socks are a great way to add a little fun to your outfit and show off your style.
The sky is the limit when it comes to what colors you choose – make sure that they coordinate with anything else you wear (and don’t get us started on mismatched socks).
If bright colors aren’t your thing, don’t worry: there’s no need to go overboard with matching socks here. White sneakers look just as good paired with neutral-colored or subtle patterned socks in black, gray, or navy blue.
Low-cut socks let your ankles show while supporting your feet
Low-cut socks are suitable for showing off your ankles. They’re a nice option when the weather is warm and you want to wear shorts with high sneakers or if you have a pair of sandals that need an extra something.
Novelty socks are great for showing off your personality and style
Novelty socks are a great way to express your personality and can be worn with any outfit. While these types of socks are often associated with athletic wear, they can be worn with white sneakers.
These thin socks are meant for use under thicker athletic socks or insulated boots, but they’re also perfect for wearing casual shoes like leather boots or white sneakers.
If you choose this option, ensure that the material is breathable, so it doesn’t trap moisture against your skin and cause blisters or chafing over time.
Knee-high socks are another option that works well with white sneakers. They have the advantage of being longer than calf-length socks (and thus covering more skin), but they still stay put under your shoes without dragging on the ground or bunching up around your ankles.
Crew length socks
Crew-length socks are shorter than calf-length or knee-high options, which means they won’t cover as much skin.
However, this is an advantage when wearing sneakers because it prevents them from bunching up or falling down inside your shoes while you’re walking around all day long!
I hope I’ve given you a few ideas for how to wear your white sneakers. Keep in mind that the key ingredient is to keep them clean and dry, which means washing them at least once a week (or every other day if they get really dirty).
Also, remember that while socks can be fun ways of customizing your look, they shouldn’t be too long or too short so as not to make your shoes look funny!